Monday, 25 February 2013

Bunting and crochet (an update)

A few weeks ago I shared with you the needle felted bunting that I made from the Crafty Creatives January box. The woodland themed box arrived just in time for me to make the bunting for baby Ivor's woodland bedroom. Last week I had the treat of visiting him, his lovely mummy Ro and big brother Rufus for lots of cuddles. 

craftypainter: the boys

We attached the bunting to Ivor's cot and it went really well with the beautiful quilt made by Ro.

craftypainter: needle felted bunting

Then there was the red hat that I had promised to make; I've knitted baby hats before, making it up as I go, but this time wanted to try crochet. After a bit of digging around on Pinterest I found this really easy pattern from Hooked on Needles. UK readers bear in mind it's written in US terms so use trebles instead of doubles. It only took a few hours and was all done after a couple of evening's work. It was just the right size with a bit of growing room. 

craftypainter: crocheted baby hat

Ivor decided that sleeping was more important than modelling, I can't blame him.

8 comments:

  1. The needle felted garland is just lovely. And he looks so content in his hat! Well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he was an excellent model x

      Delete
  2. So, so cute. Well done. I bet they were greatly appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was very cuddly and the hat went nicely with his 1980s jumper :)

      Delete
  3. They are lovely. The hat has got many comments out and about.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so pleased it was a good fit (much more successful than last time!) X

      Delete
  4. Awh this is adorable, the bunting looks really nice.

    Hannah
    x

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts