Friday, 22 February 2013

February in my garden

Brrr... It's been a chilly few weeks but last weekend was perfect for a bit of much needed gardening and provided lovely conditions for a few garden snaps. 

The miniature daffodils started flowering at the end of January (nutters!) and are looking lovely and jolly. Yellow usually makes me (and most people probably) think of summer but these happy yellow blooms are flying the yellow flag for February!


Despite the lovely sunshine it was still a little too chilly for some people, this brown caterpillar didn't want to say hello. I popped him back under the leaves after taking the photo. The Chinese Lantern skeletons looked amazing and the pretty self-sown violas brightened up an otherwise empty plant pot.


During the week we were reminded that it is still winter really and I had to stop as and take these frosty pics before setting off for work in my fleece lined tights!


Have you managed to get out and about to enjoy some of the sunshine? Let me know what you've been up to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts