Saturday, 16 February 2013

Sheepish heart bomb day

Last night I snuck out after dark and decorated some of my local trees with crocheted heart decorations to spread a little love around my neighbourhood. I discovered Sheepish heart bomb day via twitter and found out that it was the second yarn bomb day organised by Meredith of One Sheepish Girl. This time, being near Valentine's Day, the theme was hearts. 

craftypainter: Sheepish heart bomb

As one who sometimes likes to throw wild flower seeds around neglected patches of land on my way to work, the idea of yarn bombing really appeals to me (something about making the world a more cheerful place). I love to decorate things and hopefully my little tags will cheer someone's day. 

craftypainter: Sheepish heart bomb, crochet heart tags

I was a little late to the party only seeing on Thursday evening when people tweeted what they had done, but Meredith had already thought of that and gave us four days to heart bomb. I followed the pattern on her blog and crocheted around 20 red hearts, I then glued them to mini gift tags with my messages on the back before setting off in the dark to hang them around the local park.

craftypainter: Sheepish heart bomb

After my run this morning I checked back on some of them so I could snap them in the daylight, with the spring branches of the cherry trees bare of leaves they stand out really well. We haven't seen blue sky in a while but it's suddenly feeling very spring like. 

Don't know what yarn bombing is? Read this lovely blog post by claireabellemakes and check out her Cambridge heart bombs here.

8 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet idea.

    Hannah
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun to do but now I can't stop making crocheted hearts :)

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of hanging them in the trees! So glad you found out in time to join in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's such a lot of cherry trees around here it seemed rude not to, thanks for sharing your bombs, I really enjoyed taking part x

      Delete
  3. I love these. Great idea. Well done you for joining in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I felt really sneaky, creeping about in the dark! Now plotting what to do next! :)

      Delete
  4. They are really pretty, I'm sure you will have made a fair few people smile with these. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna, it was so lovely to get a tweet from someone who had found one. x

      Delete

Popular Posts